Thanks to everyone who came to our first Freedom of Information session about Los Angeles Cannabis Licensing!
Some of the topics covered included:
- LA cannabis zoning and the draft ordinance that has yet to be approved by City Council (more on that here)
-LA's newly introduced cannabis Social Equity program and the report's findings and suggestions (more on the history of that here)
- The components of a cannabis licensing application for cannabis manufacturing (volatile and non-volatile), cannabis edibles, cannabis cultivation, cannabis distribution and cannabis dispensaries (retailers).
- The eligibility criteria most recently considered by the city for priority cannabis licensing (more on that here)
- the legislative process on the federal, state, and local levels.
- the components of a security plan
- the LA City Planner's requirements for most site plans
Thanks to all! Hope to see you at the next event.